Thursday 24 January 2013

The Name's Jenkins, Mr. Jenkins

Mr. Jenkins in Halong Bay
Mr. Jenkins is my travel monkey and he goes wherever I go. If he survives all the way back to London in one piece I'll be well impressed (as I'm sure Emelie, the creator of Mr Jenkins will be too). Already at this point Jenkins has been subject to my stitching twice as some of his body parts have got a bit loose along the way but lucky nothing unsalvageable (once his arm almost fell off on a boat but I managed to save it at the last minute).


Mr. Jenkins hanging in there
Mr. Jenkins on a train
Mr. Jenkins was the result of a blind date at a pub in Putney. Two socks and a monkey-making-kit later Jenkins was born and the date was over; but I bet you neither Emelie nor her date would have thought this monkey was to travel thorough the whole of Southeast Asia!


For more details on the date please refer to Emelie.

So when I saw the little rag(doll)monkey I couldn't think of a better travel companion for the lonely journeys, and truth be told it's been great to have him! Everyone loves Mr. Jenkins - or perhaps they just think it's funny that a near 30 year old woman carries a stuffed animal around - but either way he really does entertain me especially when I spot him in the background in some pictures where he unintentionally ends up in.

Jenkins is my travel monkey and he goes wherever I go.









Thank you for my travel-buddy Emelie!











No comments:

Post a Comment